#1 Why do people lie?
In our first episode we tackle one of the most asked questions - how to detect if somebody is lying. In particular we dig deeper into 'why do people lie?' and 'can we truly know if somebody is lying?'. Treat this as an intro to a subject that will frequently reappear in future episodes. Some of the content mentioned in this episode
📖 Episode notes
1. The Pinocchio Effect:
* University of Granada https://canal.ugr.es/noticia/pinocchio-effect-detecting-when-a-person-is-lying/
* Chris Voss https://www.facebook.com/ChrisVossNegotiation/videos/find-out-if-its-the-pinocchio-effect/432042954536342/
* Deepak Malhotra https://www.hbs.edu/faculty/Pages/item.aspx?num=44221 * Joe Navarro https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/blog/spycatcher/201807/the-end-detecting-deception
2. Book menioned:
"Liespotting: Proven Techniques to Detect Deception" by Pamela Meyer
3. About us:
* Jarek's band 'The Mint' https://open.spotify.com/artist/5TOnv6rrIVYLe2zKLq5Y9u https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sxgr17t3Yf8
* Marcin's portfolio https://marcinkonkel.com
🎈 Follow us, rate the episode and share with a friend - it helps us reach more people who might find the topics valuable for their growth.